Sunday, May 1, 2011

LEARNING HOW TO RENDER! (with markers)

This should be interesting...
It was time to learn how to render (fancy word for coloring) with markers! Scary!  I had previously stuck to color pencils because markers just seem so...final.  And they are- but we learned some tricks of the trade to help out with that.  We were assigned to draw a perspective of the studio and then to print it off five times and render all of them (while practicing our personal styles and vignetting as well)  I also realized that different papers have very different effects- AND that these markers must seriously damage my brain because they smell SO intense and after LITERALLY 5 hours of rendering just to complete a couple of these you really do need a break :)  So I set off to rendering...
This was my first attempt with markers (obviously) and it was on Yellow Trash.  I actually realized I like using trash paper- It gives the markers a lighter effect and so you can work on your color and add layers easier.


Another method/ Rending

Started adding color pencil for shading!

Figuring out how to show shadows better and show textures (such as the lines on the reflective floor)

Still figuring out new methods..
We were then asked to borrow someone elses Wire Frame (Below is Kristy Strouds wire frame) and render it!  This was going to be difficult because we weren't used to this one but it was also going to be fun....a couple house later I came up with the Render below!
My personal best one yet! (I think)  Scale figures definitely help!

No comments:

Post a Comment