Sunday, May 1, 2011

COMPARITIVE COMPOSITION

This is my comparitive composition of Monticello versus Falling Water!  I chose to focus on the landscape differences plus the structural differences.  They were so different thought that you could almost focus on ANYthing and they would look both incredibly different, or incredible and different :)

A closer view of Thomas Jeffersons Monticello House.  I kind of like my rendering in this one- it's only hinted at but I think it looks cool.

A closer look at the Frank Lloyed Wright Falling Water House.  You could draw this house however you wanted and I believe it would still look really cool.
I'm sure I've mentioned our field trip in previous blogs but these two houses really were breath taking and I'm excited we got to put our new design skills to real life design!  Where the Monticello house has always been more of my style I absolutely adored 100 % more Falling Waters.  I think I realized that my taste actually is more modern than I thought.  I loved the horizontals and how could one not respect his innovative ways in leading the persons eyes outside.  It's awesome to think of such a cool designed space that is all about leading the person AWAY from the space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment